Families are Forever

"marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God"

Friday, November 18, 2011

Is it worth it?

In the last few minutes of our class today, we were told a story about a family that had a dual income, but ended up bringing in less money than they would have if the father had been the sole provider. You might ask, how can that happen?

My dad has always talked to me about this exact issue. When both parents are working, you are most likely to be pay for:

$ day care- this can get very expensive if you have lots of kids
$ a new wardrobe- if the wife starts work, she will need professional clothes
$ another car- you will need another form of transportation
$ food- because you will be busy and tired, you will be more likely to eat out or buy pre-made foods
$ cleaning- they might hire someone to help clean their house

This can be very expensive. I believe that it is valuable to have a stay-at-home mom. I loved coming home from schooling and talking to my mom. It was therapeutic for me to just talk about my day. If I had a problem at school, my mom was able to come over at the drop of a hat. I also think that teenagers need their mom's at home just as much as a six year old would.

No comments:

Post a Comment