Saturday, December 10, 2011
Saturday, December 3, 2011
- Absolute set of standards
- Discourages verbal give and take (Don’t talk back)
- Do things the parent’s way or take the high way
- Often control through punishment, manipulation, or rewards.
- Gives children the greatest freedom
- Imposes fewer rules and penalties
- Makes few demands
- Avoids asserting authority or imposing restriction
- Allows children to regulate own behavior
- Recognition of child’s and parents rights
- Parent will negotiate
- Parents believe the child deserves a say in matters that affect them
- Child has say in rules and penalty’s
- Parent looks at individual circumstances when making a decision
Saturday, November 26, 2011
Friday, November 18, 2011
$ another car- you will need another form of transportation
Friday, November 11, 2011
Friday, November 4, 2011
Me: Is this woman someone who took vows of fidelity to you?
Me: Is this man someone who took vows of fidelity to you?
Me: Is this man someone you simply shacked up with without a commitment?
Me: Did you decide to create two children in this insecure situation?
Me: And you’re mad at HER???
While these two situations seem unrelated, they most certainly are related. How? When a person makes foolish decisions and then complains about the most typical, logical and predictable outcome, that is a person totally out of touch with the reality of life. YOU make choices; YOU should be willing to take responsibility for those choices and stop looking and acting as if you are an innocent victim of life’s tidal waves."